BHS OCC Separator®
The BHS OCC Separator® automatically separates old corrugated containers (OCC) from mixed recyclables. The uniquely designed and patented OCC Separator® provides unmatched separation efficiencies. Our in-line, tri-shaped discs impart a bouncing, wavelike action on the material stream, liberating other types of fiber and contaminants from the OCC product. Smaller material falls through the Inter-Face Opening (IFO) between the discs, while the OCC travels up and over the screen deck creating a clean cardboard product.
- Effectively removes OCC from mixed recyclables
- Increases system throughput in fiber and commingled processing systems
- Patented in-line discs provide accurate sizing of material, increasing the percentage of OCC recovered and reducing the amount to be manually sorted
- Disc design reduces potential for material wrap, reducing downtime
- Heavy-duty discs ensure long disc life and reduced maintenance
- Available in multiple configurations – optimized for your MRF