Field Service Technician
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. We apply our technology in automated industrial inspection systems, materials handling and process control, particularly within the recycling industry. Please visit our website to learn more about National Recovery Technologies: WWW.NRTSORTERS.COM.
See our latest innovation, the MAX-AI, an artificial intelligent sorter that is revolutionizing material recovery facility (MRF) design, operational efficiency, recovery and more: WWW.MAX-AI.COM.
- Remotely monitoring NRT systems to ensure optimal product operations at customer sites through onsite and remote HMI interfaces. Troubleshooting computer, electrical, mechanical and pneumatic faults at customer sites.
- Providing in-depth post-sales support to end-users for the complete NRT product line and systems: install/commission and then service units in the field.
- Delivering on-site product and service training.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of technical documentation including operator’s manuals, service manuals and training materials.
- Providing feedback to R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing groups to improve product performance and serviceability.
- Providing warranty support and selling preventative maintenance programs and spare parts packages.
- An Associate's degree, preferred, with 2+ year’s experience in a technical field service role involving electrical and mechanical systems (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Electrical and pneumatic machine experience preferred. Experience with computer interfacing web application and communicationsand troubleshooting automation equipmentalso a plus.
- Able to perform root-cause analysis, requiring someone with highly detailed oriented and problem solving skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences.
- Ability to provide after-hours support or be on call required
- Upbeat, positive, high energy with a “can do” attitude; reacts well under pressure
- Highest level of reliability and dependability
NRT offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to learn more about National Recovery Technologies. Please click the Careers Link to apply: www.nrtsorters.com
National Recovery Technologiesvalues diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position