Day Shift Fabricator
Location: Eugene, OR, United States
Based in Eugene, OR, Bulk Handling Systems has been in business since 1976 and is one of largest manufacturers of machinery and equipment tailored to separate recyclables from the waste stream.
Our innovative products have created a high demand and we are expanding! This is an intermediate to advanced level fabrication position.
How are BHS Fabricators different from other Fabricators?
This is not a job shop nor is it a production welding position. Unlike other companies or industries, BHS Fabricators are responsible for working within a team to fabricate whole components and machinery using blueprints and are tasked with problem solving the best approach with a great deal of variety in tasks.
Here are some of the things you will do:
- Position, align, fit and weld parts to form complete product in assigned area, following blueprints and layout specifications.
- Study blue prints and Bill of Materials (BOM) to determine material requirements and task sequences. Verify conformance of materials to specifications using squares, rulers and measuring tapes.
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, locate and mark work-piece bending and cutting lines allowing for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage and other part specifications.
- Move work-pieces into position, manually, with forklifts or overhead cranes.
- Setup and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders and drill presses to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form and assemble metal parts.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt parts to obtain required configurations to weld parts in flat, vertical or overhead positions using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment.
- Monitor the fitting, burning and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material. Examines completed work pieces for defects to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Acts as crane operator and understands safety protocols associated with crane operation.
- Maintains welding and related equipment.
Here's what you will bring:
- Typically has 2 - 5+ years of experience in steel fabrication / welding or demonstrated intermediate or advance level experience.
- Certification / degree in welding and/or fabrication a plus
- Must have knowledge of MIG welding
- Knowledge of physical properties and welding characteristics of a variety of metals required
- Ability to read and interpret assembly blueprints is required
- Ability to work most of the workday on your feet.
- Demonstrated reliable and dependable attendance and strong work ethic essential.
- BHS has a professional culture where the focus is on problem solving and all employees treat each in a respectful, friendly and business-like manner.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, please apply today.
Visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling Systems: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM
If more convenient, you may also visit our headquarters to complete an application: 3592 W 5th Ave, Eugene, OR, 97402.
Bulk Handling Systems values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.Apply for this Position