Electrical Controls Technician, Nashville, TN
Location: Eugene, OR, United States
At Bulk Handling Systems, our motto is What's next. An international leader, BHS designs, engineers, manufactures and installs processing systems for the waste and recycling industry. We are committed to innovation, performance, and the highest standards of quality. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, you can expect to work beside a hard-working, committed group of professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth. We invite you to consider What's next for you!
The Electrical Controls Technician works closely with the Projects Group Manager and Electrical Controls Tech Lead to coordinate and perform controls testing, commissioning and start-up. Acts as a resource for proposals, projects and customer training. The preferred location is in Nashville, TN.
- Manage controls for each assigned project from beginning to end. Work closely with Project Manager and Controls Vendor to supply necessary data, complete testing and commissioning of project at customer site.
- Factory test panels and recommend any needed changes. Submit daily reports on status.
- Create motor, controls and specification list for assigned project.
- Manage multiple projects at one time with responsibility for hitting all associated project deadlines.
- Run tests at customer site including I/O, e-stops, motor rotations, hydraulics, adjusting system and preparing for plant commissioning.
- Requires extensive travel, including potential international travel to job sites.
- All other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- Associates degree with an Electrical, Electrical Engineering or Electro-mechanical concentration and five (5) years’ experience working with electrical controls and/or managing large industrial projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of creating schematics and designing/building control panels required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Allen Bradley RSLinx, and RSLogix 500 & 5000.
- Previous experience with Siemens S7, WinCC, Ignition or SonicWall a plus.
- Multi-lingual skills desirable.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
And so much more!
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, please apply today.
Bulk Handling Systems values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.Apply for this Position