Swing Shift Material Handler
Location: Eugene, OR, United States
Based in Eugene, OR, Bulk Handling Systems has been in business since 1976 and is one of largest manufacturers of machinery and equipment tailored to separate recyclables from the waste stream.
Our innovative products have created a high demand and we are expanding!
Here are some of the things you will do:
- Unload vendor trucks, verify receipts, and inspect material quality.
- Distribute materials to proper warehouse locations in a First-in First-out (FIFO) method.
- Remove all dunnage and excess packaging from incoming material.
- Examine contents and compare with records to certify accuracy of incoming shipment.
- Build custom wood shipping pallets and crates for finished goods.
- Kit materials for distribution to the shop and other manufacturing facilities.
- Kit finished goods to ship to customers.
- Deliver part kits to and from work areas.
- Operate a forklift as needed.
- Perform cycle counts for inventory group.
- Ensure inventory and work in process materials are organized in facility and storage yard.
Here's what you will bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a warehouse, stockroom or receiving role a plus
- Ability to understand incoming receipts, invoices, manifests or orders.
- Microsoft Office experience
- Forklift certification a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be able to work most of the work day on your feet
- Demonstrated reliable and dependable attendance and strong work ethic essential.
- BHS has a professional culture where the focus is on problem solving and all employees treat each in a respectful, friendly and business-like manner.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment. Hours are M-F, 4pm to 2:30am and may require Saturdays from 4pm to 2:30am
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, please apply today.
Visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling Systems: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM Please click the Careers Link to apply.
If more convenient, you may also visit our headquarters to complete an application: 3592 W 5th Ave, Eugene, OR, 97402.
Bulk Handling Systems values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.Apply for this Position