Product Line Manager - MAX-AI
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a global leader in the design and implementation of advanced mechanical sorting solutions for the solid waste and recycling industries. Our Artificial Intelligence and Robotics division, Max-AI, is on the leading-edge of a technology revolution that will transform the recycling industry over the coming decade. We are looking for a talented and battle-proven product manager to oversee all aspects of product implementation and development. Utilizing your mechanical acumen, engineering skills, and experienced business judgement you will have responsibility for the product life-cycle of our line of robotic sorting and machine vision products.
General Purpose of Job:
The purpose of this position is to actively participate in overall strategies for the Max-AI product lines with related to product line growth, product life-cycle focus, product research and continuous market development. The Product Line Manager (PLM) will be responsible for establishing and nurturing positive relationships with current customers and acting as a technical resource to internal teams to help maintain and improve product line performance.
This position is based out of Nashville, TN
Participate in the development of the strategic direction for all Max-AI product lines.
- Monitor the product line sales funnel, track and report on all levels of sales activity in an accurate fashion.
- Research, understand, and communicate to our team the key drivers in strategic markets.
- Manage and develop strategic account focus to develop closer relationships, and improve service levels.
- Develop pricing guidelines and finance strategies for multiple purchase programs with strategic national accounts.
- Align product line features with company and customer expectations.
- Assure detailed information regarding customer requirements and specifications are developed, so accurate and timely sales proposals are produced. Site visits and equipment audits will regularly be required.
- Act as the central point of contact for all product-related technical inquiries while working directly with sales and other internal team members to ensure products are well represented in the field and commercial goals are achieved.
- Build strong relationships with customers, learning about their business, anticipating their needs, and supplying information to maximize their ROI with our equipment, increasing future new business.
- Collaborate with R&D, Product Management, Sales, Production Engineering, Manufacturing, and Service teams to ensure product line is maximized for profitability and efficiency
- Apply specialized knowledge of engineering principles and material handling in the design, development, analysis, release, maintenance and continuous improvement of products throughout the product life cycle.
- Creates design specifications that balance application, cost, performance, product life, manufacturability, assembly, maintenance and service.
- Maintains product designs, drawings, documentation, and technical specifications while assuring the information is well organized and accessible throughout the organization.
- Work directly with Operations team to ensure proper product integration throughout the organization and customer projects.
- Monitor and understand total product performance (Financial Performance, Product Functionality & Performance, Warranty Spend, and Lifecycle) using these metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with an automation and controls background, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in industrial/mechanical product management. Minimum of three (3) years’ business to business sales/support experience with capital equipment, or industrial manufacturing related items.
Skills & Abilities:
- Previous exposure and experience with 3D modeling
- Solid knowledge of and experience in an industrial manufacturing, fabrication environment. Preferably a machinery, or systems manufacturer.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to interface with a variety of personnel from different disciplines
- Must be able to lead in a matrix situation without direct reporting relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to represent yourself in a professional manner to customers and the business community
- Ability to help create and execute sales strategies as required
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude pertaining to machinery applications
- Service oriented and driven, must be an impactful contributor
BHS offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay, with large upside based on commission potential
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life and AD&D
- 401K with company match
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted development planning and learning opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, please apply today.
The Max AI product line is manufactured in Nashville by a subsidiary company of BHS, National Recovery Technologies ("NRT"), and is where this position will be based.
Please visit our website WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM to learn more about BHS.
Please visit our website WWW.NRTSORTERS.COM to learn more about NRT.
Please visit our website WWW.MAX-AI.COM to learn more about how MAX-AI is revolutionizing Material Recovery Facility (MRF) design, operational efficiency, recovery and more.
Bulk Handling Systems values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.Apply for this Position