Software Controls Engineer
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology and our MAX AI robotic solutions. We apply cutting edge technology for automated industrial inspections systems, materials handling, and process control, particularly in processing materials within the recycling industry. NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. Please visit our website to learn more about National Recovery Technologies: WWW.NRTSORTERS.COM.
See our latest innovation, the MAX-AI, an artificial intelligent sorter that is revolutionizing Material Recovery Facility (MRF) design, operational efficiency, recovery and more: WWW.MAX-AI.COM.
Our innovative products are creating a demand in the marketplace. Due to growth, we are seeking a talented Software Controls Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional to develop dynamic optimization autonomous controls systems that will revolutionize the waste industry. You will also be working with a multi-national team of hardware and software developers
Things you will be doing:
- Creating project layouts, P&IDs and supporting drawings and documentation for complex waste recovery facilities
- Developing and laying out HMI and SCADA systems with visualization elements focused on customer ease-of-use and down-time reduction
- Creating and standardizing PLC programming to optimize man hours spent on projects
- Writing Dynamic Optimization software that uses statistics from Artificial Intelligence monitoring systems to efficiently load balance full controls systems
- Designing, building, and deploying windows and Linux based systems running 3rd party server sofware for plant controls systems.
- Completing Factory Acceptance Testing of all 3rd party supplied controls, systems
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field with three+ (3) years’ experience in embedded systems and PLC programming or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge in SQL databases and JAVA required
- Experience with Windows services and UI applications preferred.
- Expertise in device-level PLC programming and HMI front-end applications, hardware interface design and development a plus.
National Recovery Technologies offers its employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you.
National Recovery Technology values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply for this Position