Director of Industrial Project Management
At Bulk Handling Systems, our motto is What's next. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), NRT (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Lafayette, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
Due to continued business growth we are seeking a talented Director of Industrial Project Management to guide our mechanical equipment projects from inception to pull commissioning. This position will be based in Eugene, OR.
Reporting to the VP Operations, the Director of Industrial Project Management will have the insightful ability to plan, direct and coordinate the completion of mechanical equipment projects, leading a team of experienced Project Managers and subcontractors, while overseeing the organization, scheduling, budgeting and implementation for corporate-wide projects. The position will work closely across multiple departments to delivery every project on-time and within budget and scope.
Are you outgoing, organized and results-oriented? An independent thinker and great communicator who can follow an agile project management process? We would like to speak with you! This makes a unique opportunity to join an established, successful organization with an exciting start-up environment.
How are BHS Project Managers different from other Project Managers?
Unlike other companies or industries, BHS Project Managers are not only responsible for scheduling, budgeting, scope and contracts, they also are involved with system analysis, some equipment evaluation, and understanding overall operations as well as individual components of the system. They provide operational training of the system to customers, and after installing, are responsible for full commissioning of the equipment, ensuring everything is ready for action!
What you will be doing:
- Provides leadership to inspire the project management organization to meet goals, continuously improve and instill a high performance, results and quality oriented culture.
- Meet daily with an over 8 and growing project management team to ensure resource availability and allocation ensuring flawless execution of projects within an aggressive window and to the highest quality standards.
- Develop project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring accurate timelines.
- Meet frequently with internal and external counterparts
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress. Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Coordinating with other corporate managers and departments.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks. Preparing project status reports and submitting reports to upper management for review.
What you will bring:
- The desire and ability to travel extensively both domestic and international
- Bachelors Degree in a technically oriented field, such as Mechanical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years' experience in project or construction management or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Our roles fit well with engineering based backgrounds.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- A strong client-facing presence and confidence
- Keen business acumen
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
Please visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling Systems. Please click the Careers Link to apply: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position