Electrical Controls Technician / Controls Engineer
Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon. BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), NRT (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of our experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. BHS has built some of the largest and most durable MRFs in the world – and we are achieving the highest throughput, recovery, and purity rates in the industry.
The Electrical Controls Technician / Controls Engineer works closely with electrical controls engineers and project managers to coordinate and perform controls testing, commissioning and start-up. Acts as a resource for proposals, projects and customer training.
We are seeking an Electrical Controls Technician / Controls Engineer based out of either Eugene, OR or Nashville, TN.
- Manage controls for each assigned project from beginning to end. Work closely with Project Manager and Controls Vendor to supply necessary data, complete testing and commissioning of project at customer site.
- Factory test panels and recommend any needed changes. Submit daily reports on status.
- Create motor, controls and specification list for assigned project.
- Manage multiple projects at one time with responsibility for hitting all associated project deadlines.
- Run tests at customer site including I/O, e-stops, motor rotations, hydraulics, adjusting system and preparing for plant commissioning.
- Requires extensive travel, including potential international travel to job sites.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- Associates degree with an Electrical, Electrical Engineering or Electro-mechanical concentration and five (5) years’ experience working with electrical controls and/or managing large industrial projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of creating schematics and designing/building control panels required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Allen Bradley RSLinx, and RSLogix 500 & 5000.
- Previous experience with Siemens S7, WinCC, Ignition or SonicWall a plus.
- Multi-lingual skills desirable.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling Systems. Please click the Careers Link to apply: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position