Based in Eugene, OR, Bulk Handling Systems has been in business since 1976 and is one of the largest manufacturers of machinery and equipment tailored to separate recyclables from the waste stream.
We have an opportunity for an Equipment Assembler. This role will have you working as a member of a high performing team to assemble large components of recycling/sorting equipment.
Here are some of the things you will do:
- Reading and interpreting assembly blueprints and plan assembly operation of components
- Positioning and aligning components for assembly manually or using overhead cranes. You will be adjusting parts for proper fit and assembly using hand tools and power tools
- Setting and verifying parts clearances
- Fastening motor units to assemblies using hand tools and power tools.You will be connecting cables and wiring according to specifications after your training
- Inspecting, testing, and adjusting completed components to ensure that specifications, tolerances and customer order requirements are met
Here's what you will bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret assembly blueprints is required
- 2+ year's experience assembling and testing large mechanical equipment as part of a team is preferred
- Previous experience operating an overhead crane is preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and be able to work most of the workday on your feet.
- Consistent and reliable attendance and strong work ethic essential.
- BHS has a professional culture where the focus is on problem solving and all employees treat each in a respectful, friendly and business-like manner.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life and AD&D
- 401K with company match
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Tuition reimbursement
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling Systems. Please click the Careers Link to apply: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM
If more convenient, you may also visit our headquarters to complete an application: 3592 W 5th Ave, Eugene, OR, 97402.
About The Company:
Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon. BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), NRT (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of our experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. BHS has built some of the largest and most durable MRFs in the world – and we are achieving the highest throughput, recovery, and purity rates in the industry.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply for this Position