Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician For Robotic, Electro-Mechanical, and Pneumatic Systems
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology and our MAX AI robotic solutions. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. We apply our technology in automated industrial inspection systems, materials handling and process control, particularly within the recycling industry.
The Field Service Technician delivers superior and timely pre-and-post sales support to customers worldwide while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction in the industry. Provides technical support for all system components including computer, robotic, electro-mechanical components, mechanical, and pneumatic systems. Shared responsibility for service and warranty support, customer training, site inspections, customer expedited service and parts solutions for project installations.
Here are some of the things you will do:
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs and modifications on the mechanical, electrical, or software aspects of equipment at customer sites.
- Remotely monitor NRT systems to insure optimal product operations at customer sites through onsite and remote HMI interfaces.
- Provide support for both pre- and post-sales service work for equipment and systems pertaining to customers. Interfaces with customers on-site to deliver product and service training.
- Document all customer contact. Write reports as needed. Record any issues from installs and service visits. Close those within area of expertise and follows up on others, ensuing they have been assigned.
- Assist in the start-up, checkout, installation, and testing of new equipment
- Instruct personnel at customer sites on the safety, proper operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment to improve efficiency of customer productivity
- Assist with the development and maintenance of technical documentation including operator’s manuals, service manuals and training materials.
- Capture and provide feedback to R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing groups to improve product performance and serviceability.
- Train other technicians in areas of expertise, as well as model excellent service for the team. Participate in hiring and the development of service team.
- Assists Customer Service team leaders as needed both in the office and onsite.
Here's what you will bring:
- An Associate's degree, preferred, with 3-5 year’s experience in a technical role or field service role involving electrical and mechanical systems (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). Electrical and pneumatic machine experience preferred.
- Previous experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting automation equipment a requirement.
- Must possess working knowledge of TCP/IP network infrastructure, routing, and general Ethernet topology.
- Experience with robotics, specifically ABB a strong plus
- Able to perform root-cause analysis, requiring someone with highly detailed oriented and problem solving skills.
- Desktop computer skills including Word and Excel
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal relations skills including a high degree of diplomacy. Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to provide after-hours support or be on-call required.
- Upbeat, positive, high energy with a “can do” attitude; reacts well under pressure
- Highest level of reliability and dependability
- Travel by air and car frequently - 80%
NRT offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to learn more about National Recovery Technologies. Please click the Careers Link to apply: WWW.NRTSORTERS.COM
Please visit our website WWW.MAX-AI.COM to learn more about how NRT's artificial intelligent robotic product line, the MAX-AI, is revolutionizing Material Recovery Facility (MRF) design, operational efficiency, recovery and more.
NRT values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position