Assembly Technician - Electrical and Mechanical
NRT's Assembly Technician is responsible for assembly, wiring and testing of optical sorting equipment using hand tools, power tools, soldering equipment. Assembles the optical sorting equipment by following wiring diagrams, CAD drawings, pictograms, verbal and written directions.
What you will be doing:
- Assembling optical sorting equipment according to CAD drawings, pictograms, verbal and written directions
- Producing sub-assemblies using hand tools, power tools, and soldering tools according to wiring diagrams CAD drawings, pictograms, verbal and written instructions
- Constructing pneumatic valve component assemblies and ejection sub-assemblies
- Constructing wire assemblies, Install wire assemblies into wire ways or conduit. Terminate wires or wire assemblies when given direction
- Soldering and assembling basic components onto circuit boards
- Sizing, cutting, threading and installing piping for compressed air or electrical conduit
- Operating powered tools including but not limited to, handsaw, drills, pipe threader, drill press, band-saw and air tools. Completing associated training with each power tool used.
- Operating manual hand tools including but not limited to, screwdriver, pliers, wrenches and pipe wrench, soldering equipment, cutting devices, etc.
- Using, reading and understanding a tape measure, volt meters and internal electronic test fixtures as needed.
- Testing of components and assemblies, as well as self-monitoring work to maintain quality standards.
What you will bring:
- Previous experience working in a shop, manufacturing, production, construction environment or equivalent experience preferred.
- Use of common hand and power tools required.
- Ability to demonstrate basic math skills including adding, subtracting, and understanding fractions required.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and/or electrical schematics required.
- Basic computer interface skills as taught by supervision.
- Basic reading skills and ability to read English required.
National Recovery Technologies offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
About The Company:
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology and our MAX AI robotic solutions. We apply cutting edge technology for automated industrial inspections systems, materials handling, and process control, particularly in processing materials within the recycling industry. NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service.
Please visit our website to learn more about National Recovery Technologies. Please click the Careers Link to apply: WWW.NRTSORTERS.COM
Please visit our website WWW.MAX-AI.COM to learn more about how NRT's artificial intelligent robotic product line, the MAX-AI, is revolutionizing Material Recovery Facility (MRF) design, operational efficiency, recovery and more.
NRT values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position