Zero Waste Energy (“ZWE”), headquartered in Pleasant Hill, is a leader in the Organic Waste Management and Renewable Energy business. We have designed and developed many of the largest and most advanced Organic Waste processing facilities in the Bay Area with our best in class Anaerobic Digestion and Composting Technologies. The State of California has instituted waste management policies to curb global warming and promote renewable energy, requiring rapid expansion of the State’s organic waste treatment capacity. ZWE is well-positioned to drive this growth with the delivery of new projects.
In this role, you will work on the latest technology for processing organic waste and creating renewable energy. We are looking for a Process Engineer to design, operate and implement our state-of-the-art technology. The ideal candidate will improve the process through innovation to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, and maximize profitability—ultimately helping to meet California’s mission to be a leader in sustainable waste management and renewable energy.
- Optimize industrial processes from inception through start up for our anaerobic and aerobic treatment processes.
- Develop the design, PFDs, Mass & Heat balances, equipment sizing, process control narrative, technical specifications, balance of plant, and P&IDs for all projects.
- Develop and validate biogas production and substrate consumption for projects.
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data (pH, Temperature, VFAs, ammonia, conductivity, moisture, microbial count, air permit emissions etc.).
- Consult and assist the Project Manager with design modifications during construction.
- Assist sales with the development of proposals and quotes for projects.
- Create detailed plant layouts and piping in Autodesk CAD software.
- Research new processes/technologies/equipment to improve plant design.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- A degree in Chemical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Familiarity of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and material properties.
- Experience in anaerobic digestion a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoDesk products a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously combined with excellent problem solving skills to effectively research answers to conceptual questions utilizing internal and external resources
- Excellent time management skills; thrives in a deadline driven environment juggling multiple priorities and projects
- Upbeat, positive, high energy with a “can do” attitude; reacts well under pressure
- Extremely reliable and dependable.
- German language skills a plus.
Zero Waste Energy offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Visit our website to learn more about Zero Waste Energy: zerowasteenergy.com
ZWE values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply for this Position