Purchasing Coordinator / Buyer
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology and our MAX AI robotic solutions. We apply cutting edge technology for automated industrial inspections systems, materials handling, and process control, particularly in processing materials within the recycling industry. NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service.
The Purchasing Coordinator / Buyer is responsible for purchasing and negotiating components and materials procured for the purpose of assembling NRT optical machines and other manufactured goods. This includes mechanical, electrical, fabrications, machined, and other components (MRO). Responsibilities also include basic vendors’ evaluations for costs, lead-times, and delivery; production inventory management [systems] implementation and management.
Here are some of the things you will do:
- Purchase and maintain all production-related components for manufacturing. Support maintenance, shop tools, and other misc. needs.
- Supports in the development and executes procurement processes for the business.
- Communicates regularly with vendors and suppliers. Meet with vendors as needed to foster consistent flow of information and highlight business needs. Ensure vendors maintain meet KPI for On-Time Delivery in Full metric.
- Utilizing engineering BOM along with operational elements for components ordering and setting inventories. Work with others to solve part number, pricing, quantity and rejected part issues. Supports follow-up with quality assurance with suppliers.
- Review and break-down Engineering packets. Submit RFQ/ RFP (Request for Quotes/ Request for Proposals) as needed for suppliers.
- Work with Production Manager to negotiate, setup and maintain vendor specific contracts.
- Establish and maintain blanket orders with assigned vendors.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels on long lead and standard items. Help lead and participate in Cycle Counts. Validates ERP inventory counts.
- Work with Parts and Logistics Coordinator in acting as receiver of goods into NRT. Develops and utilizes tools and systems to log and track as applicable.
Here's what you will bring:
- Associates degree with 2 –4 years related experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business/Economics or a related analytical major) preferred.
- Related experience includes working with BOM and procurement in a fast paced, complex manufacturing environment. Experience in assembly and fabrication preferred.
- Inventory control and planning/scheduling experience using an ERP/MRP system a plus.
- Knowledge of material flow and basics of manufacturing methods a plus.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of time management skills a must.
- Analytical skills, strong attention to detail
- Computer literacy (including MS Office suite proficiency)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) a must.
- Upbeat, positive, high energy with a “can do” attitude; reacts well under pressure
- Highest level of reliability and dependability
NRT offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to learn more about National Recovery Technologies: WWW.NRTSORTERS.COM
Please visit our website WWW.MAX-AI.COM to learn more about how NRT's artificial intelligent robotic product line, the MAX-AI, is revolutionizing Material Recovery Facility (MRF) design, operational efficiency, recovery and more.
NRT values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position