Software Engineer - Embedded Systems
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology and our MAX AI robotic solutions. We apply cutting edge technology for automated industrial inspections systems, materials handling, and process control, particularly in processing materials within the recycling industry. NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service.
Our innovative products are creating a demand in the marketplace! Come help us meet that demand with your abilities to build new applications to meet our extraction requirements, while troubleshooting and upgrading existing systems for optical and robotic sorting equipment. Write applications and system programs using C++ for Linux. Work as part of a team of software engineers.
- Write real-time device-level code that captures data from sensors and executes sortation algorithms. Study feature extraction requirements of the application to determine how to best organize the code.
- Design, debug, document and demonstrate highly refined C++ code written for QNX and Linux.
- Troubleshoot and upgrade existing systems with assistance from R&D and production technicians.
- Use source version-control system and manage release configurations.
- Execute software installation and supervise final release tests when new software is released to production.
- Communicate with other software engineers to understand and contribute to other ongoing projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with five (5) years’ experience in embedded development or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in C++, object oriented design (OOD) and multi-thread design required.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Experience writing system applications with Python preferred.
- Understanding of device-level programming C++, QNX or Linux/Unix device drivers preferred.
- Experience with hardware interface design and development, multi-threaded applications and drivers, multi-processor systems a plus.
NRT offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to learn more about National Recovery Technologies: WWW.NRTSORTER.COM
Please visit our website WWW.MAX-AI.COM to learn more about how NRT's artificial intelligent robotic product line, the MAX-AI, is revolutionizing Material Recovery Facility (MRF) design, operational efficiency, recovery and more.
NRT values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply for this Position