Research and Development Technician
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology and our MAX AI robotic solutions. We apply cutting edge technology for automated industrial inspections systems, materials handling, and process control, particularly in processing materials within the recycling industry. NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service.
Please visit our website to learn more about National Recovery Technologies: WWW.NRTSORTERS.COM
Please visit our website WWW.MAX-AI.COM to learn more about how NRT's artificial intelligent robotic product line, the MAX-AI, is revolutionizing Material Recovery Facility (MRF) design, operational efficiency, recovery and more.
The Research and Development Technician performs tests and procedures validating machine capability and system methodologies. Prepares and presents demonstrations for customers and coworkers to display machinery capabilities. Fabricates and builds testing equipment using specifications and direction from the R&D team. Ships samples back to customers and manages incoming logistics of the R&D lab area.
- Performs tests of automated equipment. Records and reports results and data pertinent to all tests performed.
- Create and fabricate test fixtures, brackets, frames, and other devices utilizing a variety of cutting and adhering instruments commonplace in a shop environment.
- Use hoists to load and unload machinery from testing structure and install the machinery to the structure by connecting utilities and fastening machinery to structure.
- Analyze and define material (product) through qualitative and quantitative attributes and record the analysis.
- Operate forklift to move palletized product, machinery, machine components, structures, and packaging.
- Provides feedback to R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing groups to improve product performance and serviceability.
- Set parameters for machinery, change physical accessorized components of machinery (while utilizing hand tools) and operate machinery for customer demonstrations.
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work environment to ensure the safety standards and perception of presentation is satisfactory.
- 1-2 years experience in a technical field or technical role involving electrical and mechanical systems preferred.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Electrical and pneumatic machine experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences
- Must be a self-starter with a history of completing projects on time.
- Must have knowledge and prior experience in utilizing hand tools and power tools. A history of building diverse machinery a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) a must.
- Highest level of reliability and dependability
NRT offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
NRT values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position