Senior Cost Accountant
At Bulk Handling Systems, our motto is What's next. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
Please visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling Systems: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM
The Senior Cost Accountant directs activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis, and inventory valuation. The position provides recommendations to senior management in support of the achievement of Company goals.
- Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
- Prepare monthly BHS manufacturing financial statement.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support.
- Implements cost standards for materials and labor.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components in the Syteline ERP system.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of Syteline ERP system through analysis, coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Represents Finance / Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance or Business with a minimum of 4 years in an entry to mid-level Accountant role.
- Two years’ experience in cost accounting role in a manufacturing, construction or other job-costing industry.
- Experience with ERP Systems – Syteline experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- An ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time and to meet deadlines for monthly closing, and forecasts.
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands on with a high degree of personal initiative. Able to work in a fast paced environment. Able to work overtime when needed.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position