At Bulk Handling Systems, our motto is What's next. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
Please visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling systems: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM
Manages daily purchasing activities including supervising staff, allocating tasks, managing supplier relations negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc. Responsible for maintaining the supplier database (Syteline ERP) in purchase records, related documentation, and metrics reporting. Coordinates with inventory control and manufacturing to determine and manage inventory needs. Works with estimating to prepare cost estimates and manage budgets. Works to improve purchasing systems and processes.
Works with Manufacturing, Engineering and Project Management groups for material cost reductions and to evaluate sourcing to support new product introductions. Manages key purchases from supplier base from RFQ, supply agreement draft and finalization and order creation to delivery in full.
- Responsible for all purchasing activities. Improves and manages the control and movement of material by establishing/executing purchasing policies and procedures. Responsible for generating and updating documentation regarding Purchasing department procedure and policy.
- Responsible for strategic sourcing, negotiating, establishing and administering purchase agreements to continuously drive down the cost of ownership of materials through sound procurement practices. Provides strategic and tactical direction for material control, purchasing, supplier and commodity activities including industry data, capacity trends, cost, market, and delivery conditions.
- Maintains and proactively manages all hardware and fastener usage and stocking levels at BHS facilities and project installs. Sets up initial standard operating procedure for each project. Provides daily update on equipment-specific usage, accumulated totals for current project and additional daily reporting.
- Develops supplier relationships and programs for partnership and development for continuous improvement. Works closely with Engineering, Inventory and Production to source new materials, set up new suppliers and identify cost drivers.
- Participate in cross-functional groups providing purchasing insight as it relates to the group project/process being discussed.
- Develops and maintains vendor performance metrics: year over year cost savings, on time delivery, and quality. Collaborate with vendors to continually improve in all areas.
- Supports BHS Stocked Parts program, executing plans developed by Planning.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent field with 7 years of experience in purchasing role in a manufacturing environment.
- Past roles must show a progression of increasing responsibility with a minimum of 3 years in leadership role.
- Previous experience working within an ERP/MRP system.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement and/or lean manufacturing concepts a plus.
- Excellent collaboration skills; ability to work cross-functionally with multiple departments.
- An ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time and to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands on with a high degree of personal initiative. Able to work in a fast paced environment. Able to work overtime when needed.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position