Process and Applications Engineer
At Bulk Handling Systems, our motto is What's next. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
Please visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling systems: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM
Provide system and process support for all facets of the organization, with a focus on sales and project engineering. Must be able to take market specific requirements and determine the most cost effective process and equipment selection to meet the market need. Helps with the development and implementation of equipment application standards.
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to evaluate feasibility, cost, and/or maintenance requirements of new technologies, designs or applications.
- Provides technical assistance for new equipment applications throughout new project life cycle and at existing job sites.
- Identifies metrics to accurately quantify component and system performance.
- Resolves design related issues with other department team members.
- Directs integration of vendor supplied products, approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Works with Project Management to resolve customer concerns and provides information to outside contractors.
- Provides guidance to members of Sales Engineering and Project Engineering Department as needed.
- Helps to develop Process Flow Diagrams for systems and reviews proposed processes for feasibility and function.
- Verifies System Mass Balance and equipment sizing assumptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field
- 2 plus years’ experience in a capital equipment and/or systems manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity (or equivalent combination of education and experience.)
- Demonstrated previous experience in 3D solid modeling.
- Able to design for manufacturability, costs and materials flow process understanding.
- Able to quantify and interpret field data; as well as develop and implement field testing plans.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time and to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail
- A high degree of personal initiative. Able to work in a fast paced environment. Able to work overtime when needed.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position