Project Manager (for Industrial / Mechanical Systems)
Please visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling Systems. WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM
About The Company:
At Bulk Handling Systems, our motto is What's next. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), NRT (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Lafayette, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth. We invite you to consider What’s next for you!
This position can work remotely (from home office).
Due to continued business growth we are seeking a talented Project Manager to guide our mechanical equipment projects from inception to production. Your insightful ability to plan, direct and coordinate the completion of mechanical equipment projects, typically through subcontractors, while overseeing the organization, scheduling, budgeting and implementation for your assigned projects, will ensure your success.
How are BHS Project Managers different from other Project Managers?
Unlike other companies or industries, BHS Project Managers are not only responsible for scheduling, budgeting, scope and contracts, they also are involved with system analysis, some equipment evaluation, and understanding overall operations as well as individual components of the system. They provide training for operations of the system, and after installing, are responsible for full commissioning of the equipment, ensuring everything is ready for action!
What you will be doing:
- You will be charged with the successful oversight of all aspects of your projects, by setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities and accountabilities, while monitoring and summarizing the progress of your projects.
- Closely working with customers, project engineers, vendors and contractors concerning project cost, staffing and scheduling.
- Preparing project status reports and working to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications and submitting reports to upper management for review.
- Conducting and/or coordinating customer training, job site visits and project commissioning.
- Determining and recommending which products or services best fit the customer’s needs with the service department.
What you will bring:
- The desire and ability to travel extensively both domestic and international – up to 80% travel required at times depending on business needs
- Formal education not required, but technical background is a great advantage. Ideal candidate will have 5 – 10 years’ experience minimum in project or construction management. Our roles fit well with engineering-based backgrounds.
- Must be able to read blue prints and work effectively with all levels across the company and at customer sites.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Positive with a “can do” attitude; react well under pressure
- Highest level of reliability and dependability
- Keen business acumen
BHS offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- A positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position